ANNIE ERNAUX (b. 1940) is a French writer and one of the most important writers in contemporary France. She has won multiple awards, including the 2017 Marguerite Yourcenar Prize for her entire body of work.
Ernaux began her literary career with the autobiographical novel CLEANED OUT (1974), a fictionalized account of the illegal abortion she underwent in the 1960s, and her move from working- to middle-class culture through education. A MAN"S PLACE (1983) was another autobiographical narrative focusing on her relationship with her father and her experiences growing up in a small town in France, and her subsequent process of moving into adulthood and away from her place of origin. Her work combines historic and individual experiences, charting her marriage (A FROZEN WOMAN, 1981), her passionate affair with an eastern European man (SIMPLE PASSION, 1991), her abortion (HAPPENING, 2000), Alzheimer's disease (I REMAIN IN DARKNESS, 1997), and the death of her mother (A WOMAN'S STORY, 1989).
Her historical memoir THE YEARS (2008) was very well received by French critics and considered by many to be her crowning achievement in terms both of its content and innovative form, intertwining personal and collective history over six decades. Described by John Banville as "blend[ing] memories, dreams, facts and meditations into a unique evocation of the times in which we lived, and live", the book's success was recognized by the award of the Marguerite Duras and the François Mauriac prizes, and the English translation shortlisted for the 2019 Man Booker International Prize.
The following books are in ePUB format unless otherwise noted:
* Cleaned Out (Dalkey Archive, 1990). Carol Sanders, trans. -- PDF
* Exteriors (Seven Stories, 1996). Tanya Leslie, trans. -- PDF
* Frozen Woman, A (Four Walls, 1995). Linda Coverdale, trans. -- PDF
* Happening (Seven Stories, 2001). Tanya Leslie, trans.
* I Remain in Darkness (Seven Stories, 1999). Tanya Leslie, trans.
* Man's Place, A (Seven Stories, 2012). Tanya Leslie, trans.
* Positions (Quartet, 1991). Tanya Leslie, trans. -- PDF
* Possession, The (Seven Stories, 2008). Anna Moschovakis, trans.
* Simple Passion (Seven Stories, 2003). Tanya Leslie, trans.
* Woman's Story, A (Seven Stories, 2003). Tanya Leslie, trans.
* Years, The (Seven Stories, 2017). Alison L. Strayer, trans.
CONTACT ME: You can reach me with comments, suggestions, requests, error reports, etc., at the TPB forum, SuprBay:
PLEASE HELP TO SEED! If you like these books and want others to have access to them, please help to seed for as long as you can. The more you seed, the longer the torrent will live, and the easier it will be for me to upload new content. Thank you!